The Key to Success Is Proximity


To reach your goals more quickly, you need to think about proximity. Who you spend your time with might have more of an effect on your future than you think.

Looking to sell a home? Get a free home value report
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes for sale

Today I want to share with you a trick I learned that has helped me achieve my goals quicker.

I got from where I was going to where I wanted to be faster due to proximity. Success is all about who you hang around.

When I started hanging out with entrepreneurs, I became an entrepreneur. We are the average of the five closest people we hang around. Show me your friends and I will tell you your future.

In life, people are either batteries or black holes, they either charge you up or suck the life right out of you. Who is your peer group? Are they building you up and causing you to grow; or are they dragging you down?

 Which type of person are you? Are you inspiring people to grow by your example, or are you dragging them down?

Show me your friends and I will tell you your future.

We perform to the standards and expectations of our peer groups. The simplest way I have found to elevate my performance is to hang around people who are wealthier, healthier, and more connected with their families than I am. Being around them naturally causes me to grow as a person.

So, I encourage you to look at your five, the five people you hang out with most and see if they’re pulling you up to grow. I also challenge you to look at yourself and see if you’re causing people to grow. People follow by example, not words. In fact, I heard a great quote that goes, “Who you are speaks so loudly, I can’t hear what you’re saying.”

If you want to reach your goals quicker, go hang out with people who are where you want to be and become that person.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.